Art of Melaka : Bakul Siah
Bakul sia (auspicious basket) is a traditional Melaka Malay and Nyonya basket. It is normally made of rattans, bamboo or wood and wrapped with thick paper or leather (lacquered), and the basket will be colored with red and black, then painted with gold auspicious motifs to symbolize prosperity and richness.
People nowadays use this basket for various purposes or events such as wedding or feast to keep fruits, cakes, dodol or traditional Melaka snacks/products.
- Bakul siah made by Bamboo natural material
- 3 Levels of Bakul Siah (2 Dimensions for Selection)
- Suitable to be used for wedding decoration and traditional activity
- Ready stock, can be shipped once order made.
- Colour: Traditional red and black